American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

facial surgery

Hi,i am 24 years old i have a big scar on the right side of the face,after a fire accident i have it,can you help me with a surgery or something to remove it,thank you.

A burn injury is different from a linear scar. If it is just a linear scar then the scar is removed and a camouflaging technique like a geometric broken line or w-plasty would be used to make the straight line harder to see. if the scar is contracted and misaligned, a z-plasty can be used. dermabrasion could follow that to help with further camouflage.

if there is a larger area of your face burned and the skin does not look good, you would have most likely to rotate tissue from an adjacent area into the scarred area to remove it. ideally, you would not use a skin graft because it typically does not have as good color and texture match as tissue that is just adjacent to the burn. fortunately, the cheek typically has abundant tissue near it for rotation if the burn is not large. at 24 years of age, your skin may be a bit tighter though than say someone 70 years of age.

in summary, you really need to contact a facial plastic surgeon (you can find one near you in the locate a surgeon section of this Web site). i hope you find a solution to your problem.