The AAFPRS was founded in 1964 as an autonomous professional society representing the specialty of facial plastic surgery. The mission of the AAFPRS is:
To promote the highest quality facial plastic surgery through education, dissemination of professional information, and the establishment of professional standards.
To achieve understanding and recognition of the specialty of facial plastic surgery by the medical profession, hospitals, and other medical care entities, legislative and regulatory bodies, and the public at large.
To define facial plastic surgery as a specialty that requires intensive training and competence, embodies high ethical standards, artistic ideals, commitment to humanitarian service, and a desire to enhance the quality of human life.
To serve as the public’s information source on facial plastic surgery.
To assist members in the practice of facial plastic and reconstructive, guiding them in the delivery of high quality, cost-effective medicine and surgery.
- Position Statement on Patient Safety-Duration of Surgery
- Position Statement on Physicians and Medispas
- Position Statement on Surgery Using Lasers
- Position Statement on Botox ® and Dysport ® Injections
- Position Statement on Injectible Fillers
- Position Statement on Corporate Practice of Medicine
- Guidelines for Truthful Advertising
Mission | History | Fellowship Grant Summary | Member Benefits Summary | How to Join | Members Only | Awards & Grants | Physician Products | Submit Abstracts | Humanitarian Programs | Education & Meetings