COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY
March 1st for presentation at the Spring Meeting
July 1st for presentation at the Fall Meeting
November 1st for presentation at the Winter Board Meeting
To become a Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, an applicant must:
1. Be a diplomate of a recognized American examining board of medical specialists in a specialty applicable to the head and neck area, or its equivalent.
2. Have three full years of experience in practice and training in plastic and Reconstructive surgery of the head, face and neck.
3. Be a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Canada) or diplomate of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS). Please enclose a copy of your diploma with your application.
4. Complete the AAFPRS Surgical Procedure List of all surgery done by you in the last twelve months (both columns). See sample and include dates.
5. Submit 35 major operative reports of surgical procedures relating to the head, face and neck, if you do not hold an ABFPRS Certificate. It is also to cover the same twelve months.. Use the procedures listed on the Surgical Procedure List as a guideline. SEE SAMPLE
6. Complete the Credentials Questionnaire and enclose additional pages of information, if applicable.
7. Be recommended by two Academy Fellows, as well as the Chief of Specialty or Chief of Surgery at the hospital where you principally operate, and one other colleague (four references, total).
8. Include the $75 non-refundable membership application fee and photograph with your completed application.
9. Include a copy of your Curriculum Vitae
* You will need the Abobe Acrobat Reader plug-in in order to read the forms available online.