The Educational and Research Foundation for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is pleased to announce this year’s awardees for the Bernstein Grant Program. The Leslie Bernstein Grants Program is generously funded by an endowment from Leslie Bernstein, MD, DDS. The program is coordinated by the Research Committee of the Educational and Research Foundation for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Centralized Otolaryngology Research Efforts (C.O.R.E.).
Recipients of the Leslie Bernstein Grant are required to:
- Complete and upload an interim report every year until the completion of the project.
- Within six months of completion of the project, submit a final report suitable for publication in the JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery.
- JAMA-Facial Plastics has right of first refusal of manuscripts resulting from the funded work
- Should JAMA decline to publish, the researcher may submit to other publications.
- Submit a financial status report within ninety (90) days after the close of the grant period (financial report form provided by the AAFPRS Foundation.)
- Submit an abstract to present at the AAFPRS educational meeting that best relates to the specific content (whether the best educational meeting venue might be the Annual Meeting, COSM, the Rhinoplasty Meeting or Facial Rejuvenation meeting.)