First and foremost, our Academy and Foundation leadership and members would like to personally thank you for your service in the military. We are extremely indebted to you and your fellow service men and women for answering the call to protect our great nation.
Guidelines for Applying
A. Eligibility Requirements
1. Veteran of the United States Military
2. Sustained a war related injury (either in combat or through combat related/support activity.
3. Member of the United States Armed Forces (or DOD eligible NATO/coalition forces) either Active Duty, or Active Reserve (activated and deployed in support of OIF or OEF).
B. Required Documentation
1. Military Identification for Active Duty Members or Active Reserve Members
2. Form DD 214 if discharged honorably from Active Duty
3. Form DD 2527 (Statement of Personal Injury) if available.
4. Purple Heart Citation where applicable.
5. Copies of medical treatment record for related injury if available.
6. Referral letter from referring physician if applicable and available.
C. Application Process
1. Complete FACES OF HONOR Form online and submit online or via fax to the participating surgeon in your area.
2. Identify through our database of volunteer surgeons, the surgeon of your preference based on geographic proximity or convenience. Our staff can assist you in determining the best surgeon for the type of injury in question, within a location most convenient and accessible.
3. Obtain required documentation as listed in section B above and submit along with this Application form.
4. Complete authorization for release of medical records and submit.
5. Contact volunteer surgeon of your choice by phone or email for an appointment, or our staff at 703.299.9291 press "0" for operator for further guidance